ASSOCIATION OF NATIONAL ACCOUNTANTS OF NIGERIA (ANAN)
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL VACANCY FOR THE POSITION OF REGISTRAR/CEO
Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN) is one of the largest Professional Accountancy Organizations (PAOs) in Africa. Founded in 1979 and chartered by Act 76 of 1993 (Cap A 26 LFN 2004), ANAN is a member of International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), Pan African Federation of Accountants (PAFA), Association of Accountancy Bodies of West Africa (ABWA), and Association of Professional Bodies of Nigeria (APBN).
The post of the Registrar/Chief Executive Officer of ANAN will become vacant by 31st March 2018. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to the position of Registrar/CEO of Association of National Accountants of Nigeria. ANAN is looking for a dynamic, self motivated person who has the capability, energy and drive to lead the transformation of the Association to a world class professional accountancy organization and to the highest leadership position in Africa.
The candidate shall have maturity, experience and a down to earth attitude necessary to provide excellent leadership. ANAN is keen to fill the position with an individual who has excellent people skills, solid all round business acumen, and proven institutional development testimony. The successful candidate will also have strong administrative skills and systems proficiency.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY
- The main objective of the Registrar/Chief Executive Officer is to provide leadership and coordinate all activities of ANAN in accordance with its enabling Law, Regulations and Rules, and its Strategic Plan, as well as implementing decisions of the Governing Council of ANAN.
- The Registrar is the Chief Executive Officer of ANAN, and is directly responsible to the Governing Council for the day to day management of the affairs of the Association.
- The Registrar is also the Secretary to Governing Council of the Association.
- The Registrar is to lead the overall growth and development of the Association, which involve key activities such as:
- Strategy Development, Planning and Reporting
- Relationship Management
- Operational Management
- Human Resources and Leadership
- Compliance with statutory requirements with clear understanding of Regulatory, Government and Industry Processes
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The candidate for the post of Registrar/CEO is required to possess:
- A masters degree in Accounting or relevant disciplines from a recognized university;
- An evidence of active membership of ANAN for at least 10 years;
- A minimum of 22 years cognate post qualification and professional experience, and must have at least 10 years managerial experience at top management level in the public and/or private sector of the economy);
- A high integrity and moral character with excellent interpersonal relations;
- A demonstrable evidence of consummate management and leadership drive in previous positions; in addition, must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skill;
- Strong leadership qualities, immense professional and industry knowledge as well as contacts.
- A considerable degree of competence, responsiveness and judgement on management matters with outstanding experience at top management level;
- A capacity to instil confidence in others and command the loyalty and respect of people;
- A capacity to understand the complexity of the professional accountancy organization (PAO) system and must be able to effectively utilize ANAN human resources to attain a world class PAO status;
- An excellent physical and mental health and must be ICT compliant.
Applicant must not be more than 60 years old as at the date of assumption of duty on 1st April, 2018.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The post of the Registrar/CEO is a full-time position and tenure based. The successful candidate shall hold the office for a term of four (4) years in the first instance, renewable on successful accomplishment of agreed goals, based on thorough performance assessment. ANAN offers attractive and competitive package in accordance with its conditions of service to the successful candidate.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates application letter supported by a curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates, full postal address, telephone number(s), e-mail address, and names of two contactable referees should reach the undersigned on or before Friday 21th December 2017, via email to: email@example.com. In addition, candidates should send hard copies, under confidential cover in an envelope sealed and marked “POST OF REGISTRAR/CEO” on top right corner and addressed to: The President/Chairman of Council, Association of National Accountants of Nigeria, 250, Herbert Macaulay Street, Yaba, Lagos.
Candidates are advised to request their referees to forward confidential report on the candidate’s character, professional and managerial abilities in a properly sealed envelope addressed to: The President/ Chairman of Council, Association of National Accountants of Nigeria, 250 Herbert Macaulay Street, Yaba, Lagos. This must reach the undersigned not later than 8th January, 2018.
Alhaji Shehu Usman Ladan, mni, FCNA.
President and Chairman of Governing Council